TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Looking for advice on suspension refresh
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Looking for advice on suspension refresh

Posted by Kvert on November 16, 2023 at 1:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 242 times.

In Reply To Looking for advice on suspension refresh posted by megaDan on November 16, 2023 at 09:10 AM

Message I went through a full suspension refresh after my tt swap and even if I didn’t do the swap it was overdue. A friend of mine has a rule that any rubber on a car after 15-20 years is toast. Just because visually it may not have cracks or tears doesn’t mean the elastomeric properties haven’t broke down.

I’d recommend option $$$, and here’s why. Some of those rubber bits you want to replace include the front upper strut mount and rear shock/spring mount. If they need replacing, and they likely do after 30 years and 175k, you’ll be pulling the springs/strut/shock assemblies and taking them apart.

Nismo bushings are on the expensive side but, will be closer to stock response. I have poly bushes throughout with the exception of nismo FUCA bushings and the handling is great along with no more wheel hopping and torque steering on hard acceleration.

FYI, bushings need to be pressed in/out just so you know what you’re getting into if you do it yourself. You can burn and cut if your careful to remove them.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.